Not every compass points north.
Andrew Summers is forced to spend his vacations reliving Civil War battles with his father. He hates every minute until a blue-eyed, red-haired boy behind enemy lines catches his eye.
Shep Wells would much rather travel the world than play at boring war reenactments. He never dreamed a Texan boy would capture his heart.
Real life and years separate them; Andrew is forced onto real battlefields, but for Shep the world is a playground. They’re opposites, but writing letters closes the distance, uncovering their hopes and dreams. When Shep visits Andrew, they get to see if the tug they’ve felt for years is the compass pointing the way home.
A story about first times, second chances, and the transformative power of the written word.
Format: E-book & Paperback
126 Pages | 1-2 Hours to read | 25,500 Words
gay romance, second chances, first time, sweet, disability romance, meant to be, military, artist, world traveler, coming of age, long-distance, pen pals
Playlist to get you in the mood or enhance your reading.[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRTYBPBKLow?list=PLvbpmkwgV3gHXtVRecYU1t0b0UzWRESjl&w=614&h=368]
1. Owl City – “I Found Love”
2. OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
3. The All-American Rejects – “Dirty Little Secret”
4. Panic! At The Disco – “Girls/Girls/Boys”
5. twenty øne piløts – “Can’t Help Falling In Love”
6. Fall Out Boy – “Sunshine Riptide” (ft. Burna Boy)
7. The Rolling Stones – “Paint It Black”
8. Panic! At The Disco: “This Is Gospel”
9. Green Day – “Still Breathing”
10. Calum Scott – “You Are The Reason”
11. Imagine Dragons – “I Bet My Life”
12. Fall Out Boy – “Hold Me Tight or Don’t”
13. Panic! At The Disco – “Ready To Go”
14. Green Day – “Ordinary World”
15. Justin Timberlake – “Can’t Stop The Feeling!”